Equality & Diversity Policies at Faculties and Central Institutions
- Faculty Equal Opportunities Officers
- Appeal Procedure
- Recruitment Process
- Consulting Services
- Gender Equality & Diversity Action Plans (GEDAPS)
Consulting & Monitoring
The Equal Opportunities Officer must be involved not only in appointment procedures, but also in recruitment procedures for scientific and administrative-technical staff. In this context, the HGlG §17 emphasizes the right to early participation in the corresponding measures.
As a rule, the respective Equal Opportunities Officers of the faculties and central institutions exercise these rights and duties - on behalf of the Equal Opportunities Officer. An exception to this is the exercise of the right of objection, which is reserved for the Equal Opportunities Officer (§ 7 of the statutes of the womens' representative bodies). The approval of the Equal Opportunities Officer must also be obtained for applications to fill positions without advertising them publicly.
The "Statement of the Faculty Equal Opportunities Officers" ("Stellungnahme der Fachbereichs-Gleichstellungsbeauftragten)- as a form is an integral part of every hiring application. In it, the Facutly Equal Opportunities Officers document their participation in the various phases of the selection process:
- Participation in the text of the advertisement (wording) and its publication (selection of media)
- Information on applications received
- Inspection of application documents prior to interviews/application for employment
- Invitation to interviews (form)
- Participation in job interviews
and give their vote on the employment planned. This is an important decision-making basis for the Equal Opportunities Officer's approval of the hiring process.