Work Permit

If you are employed as a researcher or scientist at Goethe University, you do not need a specific work permit. Please note, however, that you do, depending on your nationality, require a visa or a residence permit that allows you to take up gainful employment.

If you have received a grant or scholarship from Goethe University or from another institution, you do not need a work permit.


Rebstöcker Straße 4
60326 Frankfurt am Main

Tel.: +49 (0)69 212 42485
Fax: +49 (0)69 212 42216
E-Mail: auslaenderbehoerde


Office Hours
Mon 08:00 - 13:00 Uhr
Wed07:30 - 15:00 Uhr
Thu13:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Fri07:30 - 12:00 Uhr