My main research interest is artificial light responses on physiology, morphology and primary/secondary metabolism. I am particularly enthousiastic about LED light effects on growth and development of forest trees, fruit trees and horticultural species cultivated in controlled conditions.
- Bantis F, Graap J, Früchtenicht
E, Bussotti F, Radoglou K & Brüggemann W (2021). Field
Performances of Mediterranean Oaks in Replicate Common Gardens for
Future Reforestation under Climate Change in Central and Southern
Europe: First Results from a Four-Year Study. Forests, 12(6), 678.
- Bantis F, Früchtenicht E, Graap J, Ströll S, Reininger N, Schäfer L, Pollastrini M, Holland V, Bussotti F, Radoglou K & Brüggemann W (2020). The JIP-test as a tool for forestry in times of climate change. Photosynthetica, 58 (SI).
- Bantis F, Radoglou K & Brüggemann W
(2019). Differential ecophysiological responses to seasonal drought of
three co-existing oak species in northern Greece. Plant Biosystems-An
International Journal Dealing with all Aspects of Plant Biology, 153(3),
- Bantis F, Ouzounis T, Radoglou K. 2016. Artificial LED lighting enhances growth characteristics and total phenolic content of Ocimum basilicum, but variably affects transplant success. Scientia Horticulturae, 198:277-283.
- Bantis F, Radoglou K. 2015. Innovation in seedling production of Prunus avium L. by using LED lights. In: Book of Abstracts of the International Conference Reforestation Challenges, Belgrade, 3-6 June 2015, p 25
- Bantis F, Radoglou K, Karamanoli A, Constantinidou E-I A. 2015. The effect of light-emitting diodes on the development of pomegranate seedlings. In: Book of Abstracts of the 14th National Conference of Hellenic Botanical Society, eds. Dimopoulos P, Kallimanis A, Panitsa M. Patra, Greece, 8-11 October 2015, p 52
- Bantis F, Radoglou K. 2014. Light-emitting diodes use for Ocimum basilicum L. cultivation. In: Book of Abstracts of the 11th International Phytotechnologies Conference, eds. Kalograkis N, Manios T. Heraklion Crete, 30 September to 3 October 2014, p 374