On the basis of the professional qualifications and the competencies acquired in their studies, graduates of the M.A. Sociology work in a variety of professional fields.
In addition to working in the fields of social, market and opinion research, former students of the M.A. Sociology are employed in personnel departments, in associations and foundations, in press and public relations, in ministries and authorities or in cultural institutions.Possible career fields:
- Educational institutions (political education, extracurricular youth education, adult education, etc.)
- human resources
- Market and opinion research, media research, social research, official statistics
- Public relations, PR, marketing, communication and advertising
- Press, media and publishing
- Social science teaching and research institutions
- Foundations, cultural initiatives, churches
- Associations, trade unions, interest groups
- Administration, authorities, ministries
- Business, management consulting, personnel consulting, organizational consulting
In case of outstanding ability for scientific work, a doctoral program is also possible afterwards.Information on doctoral studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences
We would like to draw your attention in particular to the Professional Association of German Sociologists
, which also offers career guidance.