With your signature
on the ERASMUS application form and the Grant Agreement and with your
participation in the ERASMUS program you committed yourself to
fulfill certain obligations. Since not obeying the ERASMUS rules may ultimately
lead to a full backpayment of the ERASMUS grant, we have gathered all
relevant information for you on this page:
You have agreed to:
- start and fulfill the study period at the host
institution within the planned time frame
- provide for adequate insurance including health
insurance for yourself
- use the ERASMUS grant exclusively for costs of
travel, living, studying and language preparation in relation to
the planned ERASMUS study period
- pay back the grant in part or in full should you not
start or complete your planned ERASMUS study period
- obey the study program formalized in the Learning Agreement and if required Changes to Original Learning Agreement,
to attend the courses regularly and continuously and to complete all partial
performances (homework, reading assignments, tests, exams throughout the semester)
- complete the OLS language tests at the beginning and, not mandatory, at the end of your
ERASMUS study period
- upload the required documents into your participant's
account prior to, during and after the start of your study period in a
timely manner: Learning Agreement, Grant Agreement, Arrival Certificate,
if necessary: Changes to Learning Agreement, Language course certificate and proof of payment if applicable, information
about extension of study period, and, within 4 weeks after
completion of the study period the signed and stamped Confirmation of Period of Study, your personal 3-page testimonial and the final Grant Agreement.
- hand in at the IO the original Grant Agreement as a paper document signed by you personally.
- complete the EU Online Survey after receiving the link from the EU Commission by
- upload the official Transcript of Records from the host institution into your
participant's account as well as the Transcript of Recognition from Goethe-University.
- it is expected that you spend the planned study period
at the host institution (Keep in mind the guiding value of 30 ECTS credits per
semester and do not work on the side for more than 20 hours per week.)
- it is expected that you sit for the examinations and
other tests if the host institution's rules dictate this. The host
institution's rules are definitive.
- it is expected that you obey the rules and regulations
of the host institution, even if these may be stricter than those of the
sending istitution, eg. regarding examinations.
- if changes occur in your study program that
was formalized in the Learning Agreement, these
have to be formalized again by all three parties in the Changes
to Original Learning Agreement.
- the Grant
Agreement with your
home institution has to be respected.