Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I am a student living in another country and want to come to Goethe University. What do I need to do?

Contact the International Office using this contact form. If you use this form, you will get a much faster response than if you send an e-mail. 

The International Office is in charge of all international applications, whether you are still in school, looking to transfer, want to take a German summer school class or other summer school programme, are interested in graduate school, or a refugee. They can answer all of your questions and tell you exactly what you need to do. 

They also have a comprehensive and informative website in English and German where you can find answers to many common questions, and learn more about the many services provided by the International Office.

How can I get in touch with an expert for an interview, publication/broadcast/online article?

We will soon have a list of experts available. Until then, please send an e-mail to

Can I obtain verification of student records for an individual seeking employment with my company?

Goethe University is prohibited by data privacy laws from giving out student information of any kind to third parties, even if the student has signed an agreement form. This extends to confirmation of degrees. It is up to the individual in question to obtain any official documents and a notarized translation if necessary. If you have additional questions, please contact the Examination Office of the faculty that awarded the degree. You can find a list of faculties and links to their websites here.

My company is looking for students to fill internship/job positions. Can I place an ad with Goethe University?

Yes. Please contact Goethe University's Career Services, which has a job board for students. They work with companies in a variety of other ways as well. To learn more, send them an e-mail:, visit their website or use their contact form for companies:

I am interested in historical university records and/or documents. Where can I find information?

Please send an e-mail detailing your interest and specific question(s) to the University Archives: They will be happy to assist you.

Can university facilities be rented for third-party events?

Yes, they can. Please contact Campusservice for availability and prices. You can send your query by e-mail to: