Current issues & deadlines
Before you apply
- Undergraduate studies
- Special Procedure (DoSV)
- Medicine and Dentistry (Non-EU-citizien)
- Master & international programmes
- uni-assist exceptions & special procedures
Once you have applied
Special Procedure (DoSV) for Psychologie, Biowissenschaften, Biochemie, Chemie, Wirtschaftswissenschaften and Rechtswissenschaften
Application via hochschulstart and uni-assist
Applicants for the first semester in the subjects Psychologie (Psychology), Biowissenschaften (Biosciences), Biochemie (Biochemistry) , Wirtschaftspädagogik (Business and Economic Education), Wirtschaftswissenschaften (Economics) or Rechtswissenschaften (Law) must register at hochschulstart.de to receive the two identification numbers called BID and BAN. Afterwards, they need to submit their application through uni-assist.
- Register with the "Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung" on the DoSV online portal
Once you have registered you will receive two identification numbers (BID and BAN).
- Apply to Goethe University by filling in the online application form on the uni-assist portal, giving your BID and BAN.
- Submit the application form electronically on the uni-assist portal.
- Print out and sign a copy of the completed form.
- Gather the necessary documentation for your application (with officially certified copies in German or English).
- Pay the handling costs ("Bearbeitungskosten").
- Send hard copies of your documents and the application form to uni-assist in Berlin.
Psychology, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Business and Economic Education: 15th July (only winter semester)
Law, Economics: 15th January for summer semester and 15th July for winter semester
Please send in your application as early as possible so that any complications and questions can still be clarified before the deadline closes. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
All international applicants for these subjects need to register at hochschulstart.de and receive a BID and BAN in order to proceed with their application through uni-assist.
Specific groups will take part in the dialogue-oriented service procedure („Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren" DoSV). These groups are: Germans with foreign school certificates; EU citizens; foreign applicants, who are married to an EU citizen (and who is working in Germany) and so-called "Bildungsinländer*innen" (foreign applicants who hold a German university entrance qualification or have already completed a course of study in Germany).
Non-EU-citizens who don’t belong to one of the described groups will take part in a separate admission procedure.