GRADE offers a "STARTER KIT'" to all doctoral candidates of Goethe University as well as Master students interested in pursuing a PhD degree from Goethe University. It provides information on all topics regarding the doctoral course including the GRADE brochure "Financing Your Doctorate"
Candidates interested can pick-up their Starter Kit either at the GRADE office, Bockenheim campus/Juridicum or from the faculty's deanary.
The Starter Kit comes in a handy cotton bag and includes:
- GRADE brochure "Financing Your Doctorate"
- GRADE training program
- GRADE flyer
- GRADE flyer "Starter - Offers specifically for new PhD candidates"
- QZP brochure "Promotion - bewusst entscheiden und gut starten" (english version will be available soon)
- "Shaping a Doctorate Together" - guidelines for Doctoral Candidates
- Guidelines for Doctoral Supervision at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
- Information about the GRADE ELearning Tool "Good Academic Practice"
- Information about the offers of the Goethe Welcome Centre and the International Office
Digital Starter Kit
The starter kit is also available in digital form. Except for the bag, of course. See the downloads at the right-hand side for the documents. For the bag, you´ll have to pass us a visit.
GRADE Brochure "Financing Your Doctorate"
The GRADE brochure "Financing Your Doctorate" holds information on how to finance your PhD course. It gives an overview on how to finance your doctorate either as a research assistant or with a scholarship as well as general information on financial support in Germany: What kind of individual support do scholarships offer? What are the advantages of doing a doctorate within a structured program? Are there any support options for an international doctorate? What kind of support does Goethe University offer its PhD candidates?
You will also find information on support specifically for women in science, explanations on partially granted financial support and details about a possible bi national doctorate (Cotutelle de Thèse). Furthermore, the brochure includes practical hints on grant application and social security as well as helpful links.