Our Exchange Programmes
You have several options if you'd like to come to Frankfurt, based on our short- and long-term programmes. We offer short-term programmes that last several days or up to one month. We also offer two longer programmes with which you may come to Frankfurt as an exchange student for one or two semesters (6 to 12 months), or you may complete your entire degree in Frankfurt. Find all relevant information below - and if you have any questions, do get in touch with us!
For more information on how to apply for each programme, please consult the links to the respective programme pages below.
1. Exchange Programmes (non-degree seeking)
Please note: As a rule, all classes are conducted in German and focus on German Law. Additional lectures in English and classes on foreign law are available as well (subject to change).
See our FAQs section to learn more about ECTS, choosing classes, important deadlines and more topics.
2. Study Programmes (degree seeking)
- Staatsexamen - Four year undergraduate programme in German focusing on German Law
- LL.M. - One year programme in German and English, open to international Law Graduates
- LL.M. Legal Theory - One year Master's Course in English by the European Academy of Legal Theory, open to international Law Graduates
- LL.M. International Finance - One year postdoctorate degree programme Master of Laws in International Banking, Securities and Finance, open to Asian graduates
- Doctorate / Ph.D. Program in Law and Economics of Money and Finance (LEMF) - Two year programme, open to international Law Graduates
3. Short-Term Stay
- Frankfurt Summer School - One month programme, open to students worldwide
- Global Forum on Comparative and International Law - One week conference, open to students from the University of Pennsylvania Law School (USA), Tsinghua University (China), Waseda University (Japan) as well as Goethe-University Frankfurt
- European Law Summer School at Vilnius University, Lithuania - One week programme, open to students from Vilnius University, Université Paris, Ouest-Nanterre-La Défense as well as Goethe-University Frankfurt