Current issues & deadlines
Before you apply
- Undergraduate studies
- Special Procedure (DoSV)
- Medicine and Dentistry (Non-EU-citizien)
- Master & international programmes
- uni-assist exceptions & special procedures
Once you have applied
Exceptions & special procedures
In some cases there are exceptions to the regular uni-assist application procedure. This means that for certain courses of study, for certain groups of applicants a different procedure is followed than the standard application via uni-assist, or that there are separate application procedures.
Further execeptions are listed below. If you have any questions, please contact the Applications Advisory Service at the International Office!
Exceptions from the uni-assist procedure
- Guest students and students participating in an international exchange programme (e.g. ERASMUS, DAAD) should contact the International Office, "Referat Incomings - exchange programmes" directly.
- Any applicants (irrespective of nationality) with foreign school diploma who also possess a certificate of recognition ("Anerkennungsbescheid") (for example from an office for the recognition of foreign degrees in a German state) should apply directly via the Students Registration Office ("Studierendensekretariat") (online application procedure of the Goethe University), not via uni-assist.
- International applicants who completed the Abitur in Germany (or at a German school abroad) should also apply directly via the Students Registration Office ("Studierendensekretariat") (online application procedure of the Goethe University)
- If you want to apply above entry level for a course with a teaching degree, you need to get a notice of recognition from the “Lehrkräfteakademie” (teacher's academy). Take this to the the Students Registration Office ("Studierendensekretariat") (online application procedure of the Goethe University)
- Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacology for Germans with foreign qualifications, for EU citizens, for international applications who are married to an EU citizen, and for “Bildungsinländer*innen” (foreign students who qualified in Germany for studies at a German university): application for and allocation of places are processed via Hochschulstart.de.
- Application for postgraduate programmes for lawyers (LL.M.): Further information can be found on the website of the law faculty.
- For most Master’s programmes the application forms and documents undergo the uni-assist procedure. However, some Master’s programmes do not use the uni-assist service. In these cases the application process goes directly to the respective faculty of the programme.
>> Master’s & international programmes
>> Master portal
- Applications for doctoral studies should go directly to the dean’s office of the respective faculty or to the research institute offering the programme. >> Further information