Counselling & services
- Office hours International Office
- Internationaler Studientreff
- Assistance with administrative matters
- Servicepoint for Refugees
- Further services
Start of studies
Graduation & Career
Studying with success
- Civic Engagement
- Tips & tricks
- Acquiring competences
- Alternatives to studying
- DAAD award
Living in Frankfurt
- On campus
- Useful knowledge on FFM
- Finding a place to live
- Health & insurance
- Leisure & culture
- Travel & transport
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Who is eligible to participate in the Kompass³ programme?
- Where do I register for the programme?
- How is the programme structured?
- How many events do I need to attend in order to successfully complete the programme?
- How much time will the completion of the certificate require?
- When does the office hour take place?
- Do I have to sign up for each event separately?
- Which institutions participate in this programme?
- Will I get ECTS/ credit points for participating in this programme?
- Where can I find an overview of all events offered in the current semester?
- Will I get an official confirmation of participation after completing the programme?
- How do I receive my certificate?
- Do you have a Facebook page?
- Who can I contact if I have questions or comments?
- International students registered at Goethe University Frankfurt
- German students with a migration background
(Migration background means at least one parent was not born in German, OR has a non-German nationality OR has been naturalised)
2. Where do I register for the programme? You can register here for the programme.
3. How is the programme structured? The programme consists of 3 branches that help you master your studies and start your career in Germany: Study Techniques & Language, Job & Career and Intercultural & Social Competences. All of the events are offered by several cooperation partners and Kompass³ itself.
4. How many events do I need to attend in order to successfully complete the programme?
There are two important requirements: (1) You attend at least a total of 7 events. This includes 2 events for each of the three branches.
(2) Furthermore, you need 250 points in order to receive your Kompass³ certificate. For each hour of an event you attend, you get 5 points. This is the reason why you might need to attend more than 7 events in order to receive the 250 points needed (e.g. if you attend several short events).
5. How much time will the completion of the certificate require?
The 250 points needed for the certificate equal 50 hours. This is doable in 3 – 4 semesters. If you would like to complete the certificate quicker than that, you are more than welcome to invest more time per semester. We will support you in any way possible and help you plan the completion of the programme in our office hour.
6. When does the office hour take place?
The Kompass³ office hour takes place at the Container Landesbetriebs Bau und Immobilien, room number 208. The container-building is located on Campus Westend, right next to the Goethe-Card-Container in front of the Seminarhaus-building. For more information, use this map.
Due to the measures to limit the coronavirus risk, all personal consultation hours are cancelled.
We offer a telephone consultation on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon under the following number: 069 / 798 -17287
Furthermore, Jens Blank (Career Service & Kompass³) offers an Application Portfolio Check every Friday. You can register here.
7. Do I have to sign up for each event separately?
Yes. This is due to the fact that the participating institutions each have their own registration process. You can find the links for the event sign up in each event description in our Event Calendar.
8. Which institutions participate in this programme?
Check out our Partners page.
9. Will I get ECTS/ credit points for participating in this programme?
We cannot award ECTS credits for participation in the Kompass³ programme. But after finishing the programme, you will receive an official certificate to include in your CV.
10. Where can I find an overview of all events offered in the current semester?
The Event Calendar lists all available events for the current semester. They are uploaded at the beginning of each semester (April 1st and October 1st) and are constantly being updated. Moreover, there is an archive with every event creditable from the last semesters as a PDF online in our download section.
11. Will I get an official confirmation of participation after completing the programme? Yes. After successfully fulfilling all programme requirements you will receive an official certificate issued by the Goethe University’s International Office. This certificate serves to confirm that you have participated in the events.
12. How do I receive my certificate?
In our download section you can find a certificate. You can fill it out yourself and send it together with your filled-in attendance certificate via email. As soon as your certificate is ready, you will get a notification via email with all the information needed.
13. Do you have a Facebook page?
Yes, check it out: www.facebook.de/kompassprogramm
There you can find weekly overviews about current events, notifications in case an event is cancelled, as well as fun facts about Germany and event tips concerning Goethe University and Frankfurt.
14. Who can I contact if I have questions or comments?
If you have any further questions or comments, you can …
* … attend the Kompass³ Office Hour: see point 6.
*… send an email to email@example.com.
*… call us under +49 (69) 798 17293
*… contact us on Facebook: www.facebook.de/kompassprogramm
We look forward to hearing from you!