Counselling & services
- Office hours
- Internationaler Studientreff
- Assistance with administrative matters
- Servicepoint for Refugees
- Further services
Start of studies
- Orientation programme
- Buddy Programme
- Start of lectures
- Residence permit
Studying with success
Graduation & Career
Living in Frankfurt
- On campus
- Useful knowledge on FFM
- Finding a place to live
- Health & insurance
- Leisure & culture
- Travel & transport
Important links and information
Important information for buddies
- Living in Frankfurt: Many international students struggle with finding an apartment in Frankfurt. Here you can find all relevant information if you’re looking for a room/flat.
- Financing your studies: If you want to find out more about living expenses, study costs, BAföG, educational loans, and working while studying, you can do it here.
- Further information, e.g. about study skills and competences, German language courses, key contact persons, and much more you can find on the website for international students in the navigation on the left.
Events and dates for buddies
- Information events for supporting buddies WiSe 22/23: Students who are interested in being a supporting buddy in the upcoming winter semester are welcome to join us for one of our information events. They will take place in August 2022. We will share more information here soon.
- The “Internationaler Studientreff” (IST) organises many different events each semester. You can register via their OLAT-course for the events, ideally together with your buddy.
- To get an idea of the most important dates in the course of the semester, please check out our semester overview.
Buddy Certificate for supporting buddies
Supporting Buddies can get a certificate for their voluntary work if they meet the following requirements:
- Supporting an international buddy throughout the semester
- Passing the buddy self-test on OLAT*
- Participation in an intercultural training for supporting buddies*
- Participation in an event organised by the “Internationaler Studientreff” (IST)
- Completing the buddy evaluation at the end of the semester
You can find out more information about how to get a certificate in our FAQs.
* If you have already been a supporting buddy in a previous semester and have already completed the self-test and the intercultural training for supporting buddies, you do not have to do them again.