Application for acceptance as doctoral researcher
You may now apply for acceptance as a doctoral researcher. Your application will be considered by the Doctoral Committee.
Your application must include details of the following:
- Research focus of your doctoral studies (Sociology, Political Science, Didactics of Social Sciences)
- Your dissertation supervisor
- Declaration of Consent signed by your supervisor
- Declaration on whether previous doctoral examination procedures were unsuccessful
- Supervision Agreement signed by applicant and supervisor
Only applications completed in full can be accepted.
- Application form completed in full
- Copies of all final higher education certificates and transcripts
- Copy of your original academic record with details of your grades
- If your original transcript, your original certificate and/or your academic record is/are not in English or German, please include an English or German translation.
- If the higher education qualification was awarded by a foreign higher education institution (see Doctoral Regulations § 3(4)), you must apply for the qualification to be checked using the form which can also be found on the web page indicated above.
- Description of your dissertation project (exposé) in paper form as well as in electronic form by email.
Possible Doctoral Committee decisions and further procedure:
With regard to your application for acceptance as a doctoral researcher, the Doctoral Committee may:
- Approve it
- Approve it subject to specific conditions
- Issue provisional acceptance for 1 year
- Defer it
Dates and deadlines:
The following deadlines apply for the submission of applications: 15 January, 15 March, 15 June, and 15 September each year.
The applicant is generally notified whether he or she has been accepted or not within 2 weeks after the committee has met.