Medical job specialization acquired abroad

I have completed my training as a medical specialist abroad. Do I need to have my professional qualifications recognized?

If you wish to work as a medical specialist in Germany you need to have your further training qualifications recognized by the respective Land Chamber of Physicians (Landesärztekammer). However first you will need to have your foreign medical qualifications recognized by a competent authority (Landesprüfungsamt) and get an accreditation, the so-called "Approbation".

We at the university cannot be of further help regarding the recognition procedure. Please turn to the website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.