Practical training in Frankfurt
What are the preconditions I need to fulfil if I want to apply for a practical training at the Faculty of Medicine of Goethe-University?
The preconditions for applying for a practical training at our faculty of medicine are as follows:
- Minimum duration of 8 weeks
- Good command of the German language (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Letter of Recommendation of your home university including a Transcript of Records
- Proof of your immunization status
- Proof of your health insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany
- Furthermore we suggest to conclude a liability insurance as well
What are the expenses which need to be covered?
There are no tuition fees but only a semester contribution which you need to consider. With your matriculation you are entitled to use all public transportation in Hessen and sometimes even beyond (to Mainz, Worms, Weinheim). However, the use fast trains is not included. At the moments the semester fee amounts to some 360 EUR per Semester. For living expenses you need to calculate with approx. 700 EUR per month (rent, food…).
In principle you can also contact the respective clinical centers and institutes of the university hospital you are interested in directly. In that case practical trainings of a shorter duration are also possible. Please get in touch with the respective department you are interested in to obtain further details.
In case you apply directly at the University Hospital, we, the Faculty of Medicine, will not be involved and you will not be enrolled at Goethe-University.