Application at the Faculty of Medicine
In case you want to apply through our faculty we will take care of your enrolment as a guest student at Goethe-University and we will liaise with the university hospital regarding your placement in the different wards.
The training period should be selected as to take place within one semester. This will prevent you from having to pay the semester contribution twice. Our semester periods are as follows:
Winter semester: 1 October to 31 March
Summer semester: 1 April to 30 September
Application deadlines: If you plan to come to our university during the winter semester (between 1 October and 31 March) your admission process needs to be completed 15 June at the latest while if you plan to come in the summer semester (between 1 April and 30 September) it needs to be completed latest on 15 December. Please send all your application documents at least on month in advance (before those due dates) to allow for sufficient time for the review process.
Through the enrolment you will obtain the same privileges as our own students have. No tuition fees are due, only a semester contribution needs to be paid.
Enrolment fees include mainly the cost for the semester ticket for public transport in Frankfurt and its surroundings (train, tram, underground train and busses). It covers a huge area. Currently the semester fee amounts to some 360 euros for one semester.
The preconditions for applying for a practical training at our faculty of medicine are as follows:
- Minimum duration of 8 weeks
- certificate about good command of the German language (at least level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Letter of Recommendation of your home university including a Transcript of Records
- Proof of your immunization status
- Proof of your health insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany
- Furthermore we suggest to conclude a liability insurance as well