The GWC and other departments of the SLI currently offer the following services for international doctoral candidates:
Services before you arrive
Unfortunately, there are only limited capacities in GU's guest houses available for international doctoral candidates. Please have a look at our brochure on accommodation in Frankfurt. Visiting doctoral candidates are supervised and advised by the department Incoming.
Services when you arrive
- University enrollment for degree-seeking doctoral candidates at Goethe-University is carried out by SLI Abteilung 3, Gruppe 2
- University enrollment for non degree-seeking and visiting doctoral candidates at Goethe-University: please click here
- General counselling
- Providing advice for visits to local authorities (Registration, Residence Permit), if needed
- Answering formal questions about health insurance, pension insurance, other forms of insurance, taxes, banks, international driver's licence & registering a car
- Information about the ID card for the library, an email address, Goethe-Card and WiFi access at Goethe University
Services during your stay
Services at the end of your stay
- Organising and coordinating formalities before you leave, such as terminating your rental agreement, deregistering with the Frankfurt Municipality, terminating insurance contracts, etc.