Dr. Carlotta Giustozzi
Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
Campus Westend - PEG Gebäude
Office: PEG 1.G056
Researcher for the Project POLAR
VITA | TEACHING | PUBLICATIONS
Carlotta Giustozzi (born 1987) is a researcher in the ERC project POLAR at the chair for social stratification and social policy since November 2020. Her thematic focus in the project lies on consequences of economic inequality for social cohesion. In her research for the ERC project CORRODE from November 2014 to September 2020, she focused on the erosion of political trust in the Great Recession and analyzed how it is shaped by welfare institutions and social policy across Europe and the US.
For her doctoral thesis, she analyzed the accumulation of labor market disadvantage and its effects on social integration and exclusion in Germany with a special focus on the regional context. She holds a master’s degree in social sciences from Humboldt University Berlin and has been a visiting student at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
Summer 2018: Forschungspraktisches Seminar: Gesellschaftspolitische Folgen von Arbeitslosigkeit in Deutschland (BA-level)
Summer 2016: Dimensionen und Hintergründe von Arbeitslosigkeit in Deutschland (BA-level)
- Giustozzi, C. (2022): Social Consequences of Labour Market Marginalisation in Germany. Analysing the Impact of Social Identities and Values. Opladen, Berlin, Toronto: Budrich Academic Press.
Articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Giustozzi, C.; Gangl, M. (2021): Unemployment and political trust across 24 Western democracies: Evidence on a welfare state paradox. Acta Sociologica 64 (3): 255–273. doi: 10.1177/00016993211008501
- Giustozzi, C. (2016): In the interest of the child: Gendered practices of middle class mothers. In: Blokland, T., Giustozzi, C., Krüger, D. & Schilling, H. (Hrsg.): Creating the Unequal City. Ashgate.
- Giustozzi, C.; Blokland, T, & Freitag, N. (2016): Secluding: Middle Class Segregation in Schools and Neighbourhoods. In: Blokland, T., Giustozzi, C., Krüger, D. & Schilling, H. (Hrsg.): Creating the Unequal City. Ashgate.
- Blokland, T., Giustozzi, C. & Schreiber, F. (2012): The social dimension of urban transformations. In: Mieg, H. A. & Töpfer, K. (Hrsg.): Institutional and Social Innovation for Sustainable Urban Development. Earthscan from Routledge.
Presentations at Conferences
2022 – Politics and Society Workshop Series 2022, Milan, Italy
2021 – European Sociological Association 15th Conference, Barcelona, Spain (digital)
2021 – American Sociological Association 116th Annual Meeting (digital)
2021 – Research Committee 28 on Social Stratification and Mobility Spring Meeting, Turku, Finland (digital)
2019 – Research Committee 28 on Social Stratification and Mobility Spring Meeting, Frankfurt
2018 – ECSR Spring School 2018 on “Work, Employment and Inequality”, Turin, Italy
2017 – Research Committee 28 (RC28) on Social Stratification and Mobility Spring Meeting, Cologne
2016 – European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR) Conference, Oxford