Welcome to the International Office website!
Exchange program with partner institutions in Seoul, South Korea
Korea University, Chung-Ang University and EWHA Womans University
Approximately 10 students of Goethe-University can spend one semester (fall term: August/September to December/spring term: February to June) or participate in the summer program (July-August)/winter program (KU: Dec/Jan or Jan/Feb; CAU: mid-Jan to beg. of Feb) at Korea University, Chung-Ang University or EWHA Womans University, all located in Seoul, South Korea. They all offer a wide range of English-taught courses as well as Korean language classes.
Exchange students nominated by Frankfurt University will be exempted from paying tuition fees at our Korean partner universities. All other expenses (e.g. health insurance, travel costs, housing etc.) will have to be paid by the students. On-campus housing is available to exchange students.
Financial support (website in German only) may be available for the study abroad period – please check carefully whether you are eligible to apply.
Restrictions concerning classes (excerpts from the respective websites):
- EWHA: Graduate courses are ONLY available to exchange students at the Graduate School, Graduate School of Business, Graduate School of International Studies, and School of Law (only available to students with a Law major).
NOT available to Undergraduate exchange students are classes of Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Education. Art & Design, Music, ELTEC Engineering, Scranton Honors Program courses may be available depending on course policy.
- Korea University: exchange students may NOT take classes in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, law, teacher education, information security, Art and Design; also classes at Sejong Campus are not available and all graduate programmes at the business school; due to high demand undergraduate students may not be guaranteed to get into classes at the Business School. Graduate students may ONLY take classes at departments under “Graduate School” except subjects mentioned above, business related courses (BUS, INT) and courses at the Graduate School of International Studies.
- Chung-Ang University: not available for exchange students: courses at the School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, School of Nursing, School of Law, all graduate school programs are not available except Graduate School of International Studies (only for graduate students of Business, Economics and International Relations) and MBA (only for graduate students of business administration and economics); due to high demand exchange students cannot be guaranteed to get into the classes they wish / students with a business minor may not take classes at the Business Departments
- Applicants must be at least in their 3rd semester (BA), MA students may apply during their 1st semester
- Good academic standing (GPA at least 2.5)
- Good language proficiency (English and/or Korean)
- All majors may apply, there may be some restrictions regarding the available courses*
- It is expected of exchange students to return to Goethe-University after their study abroad period and continue and finish their studies here.
- Students who do not hold a German Abitur or other German Hochschulzugangsberechtigung and who are enrolled in an English degree have to submit proof of German proficiency (preferably at least B1)
- Applicants are expected to be able to take on an ambassador role for Goethe University and Frankfurt
Before compiling all application documents, please read the application manual carefully. If you need assistance please see us during office hours.
|Application documents:||Application form - will be generated from online application (will open approx. 4 weeks prior to application deadline)
further application documents please see application manual
|Application deadline:||Wednesday 3 February 2021|
|interviews:||approx. 3-4 weeks after application deadline (as soon as date is known, it will be published here)
there might be a preselection based on written application so that not all applicants will be invited