Goethe Welcome Centre
- Application and Funding
- Doctorate at GU
- Events and Excursions
- Living in Frankfurt
- Links and Downloads
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Emergency phone numbers
Sporting activities at Goethe University
All students, members, and affiliates of Goethe University are entitled to use the Centre for University Sports (Zentrum für Hochschulsport). Sports at Goethe University are purely recreational and hence the emphasis is on having a good time and taking a break from the daily routine. At the Centre for University Sports, you will find more than 40 different sports on offer.
Registration for our sport courses generally starts mid of April for the Summer Term and mid October for the Winter Term.
For a workout at a gym, feel free to join our university’s offer "fitness training on training devices”. If, however, you would like to become a member at a commercial fitness studio, we have gathered a few suggestions of popular ones in central locations:
- Fitness First location: e.g. Westend, Eschenheimer Turm, Konstablerwache, MyZeil
Fitness First Women Only: Hauptwache, Sachsenhausen
- PrimeTime Fitness location: Westend, Bockenheim, Sachsenhausen
- McFit location: Innenstadt
- Med X Training location: Eschenheimer Tor
You can also find a suitable fitness centre close to your home or close to the campus with these search engines:
The region's landscape offers a great choice for all kinds of outdoor activities such as cycling, jogging and tennis, rowing and canoeing.
- www.radroutenplaner.hessen.de (Cycling)
- www.hessen-tourismus.de (Excursions)
- www.frankfurter-baeder.de (Public swimming pools in Frankfurt)
- www.seen.de (Swimming lakes)
- Leisure time activities within the green belt of Frankfurt
Clubs / Vereine
Team and indoor sports are mainly offered by sporting clubs. As well as sports clubs, there are a great variety of other clubs active in all kinds of cultural, social, natural and creative fields. You can find a brief description of every club in Frankfurt with the Vereinswegweiser .
Sporting events, sports places and sporting clubs can all be found on the City of Frankfurt's website.