Dear future and current exchange and guest students,
welcome to the webpages of the Global Office of Goethe University!
The information on the following webpages is aimed at guest students, that is international students who will be participating in organized exchange programs, i.e. students who are part of a university partnership or exchange program (e.g. ERASMUS). Additionally, this encompasses scholarship holders, who are supported by an institution such as the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Fulbright Commission, KAAD, or another scholarship organization. Students who come to Goethe University for a limited period of time - usually one or two semesters - as non-degree-seeking students.
The Global Office can help you with preparations for your study period at Goethe University in Frankfurt and will assist you during your stay in Frankfurt.
In case of questions and changes concerning your mobility to Goethe University contact us at incoming(at) uni-frankfurt.de or make an appointment for our consultation hours, which are being offered online on Tuesdays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Wednesdays 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT NOTICE 28. Oct. 2021: Due to sick leave of a colleague you may experience delayed response to your mails and limited availability by phone until at least 10. December 2021.
Information for degree-seeking international applicants and students can be found here.
U P D A T E 18 Oct 2021
WINTER SEMESTER 2021/22:
- The lecture period starts on October 18, 2021 and ends on February 18, 2022.
- Goethe University will offer in person, face-to-face classroom teaching for the majority of classes in winter semester 2021/22. Depending on the development of the pandemic situation this is subject to change. Please refer to the official information of Goethe University on the strict 3G-Covid-rules that are in place and binding for all students and staff. As of October 18, 2021, access only for students as well as for persons who have an appropriate Goethe University access authorization will only be possible if they have been vaccinated (EU-standard), tested (same day anti-gene test) or have recovered. There will be access controls to the buildings (legitimation by Goethe-Card or access authorization) as well as spot checks of the negative proof.
All information on studying at Goethe in the winter semester 2021/22 can be found here. This also includes info on COVID rules and COVID testing.
- On October 26 GU's mobile vaccination unit offers anti-Covid vaccination at Campus Westend for all students - including guest students - and staff. More information on this page.
- If you are entering Germany from a COVID-19 risk area: Please be aware that you are not allowed to enter Goethe University within the first 5 days after arrival. For more information please refer to our crisis info page and the links there.
- In case of questions and changes concerning your mobility to Goethe University nformation on our consultation hours
- Deferrals into the summer semester 2022 are possible, in case that is an option. Students would have to be nominated for the new mobility period by their home institution coordinators, so we are all sure that all parties know about the deferral.
- GU will not accept any freemover students at BA or MA-level (first or second cycle) in the academic year 2021/22. We will only accept third cycle = doctoral candidates = Ph.D. students as freemover students.
Further information can be found in our brochure Guide for Visiting Students.
Information on the nomination/application procedure can be found in the key data sheet (see downloads right-hand side).
Information for degree-seeking international applicants can be found here instead.