Dear future and current exchange and guest students,
welcome to the webpages of the Global Office of Goethe University!
The information on the following webpages is aimed at guest students, that is international students who will be participating in organized exchange programs, i.e. students who are part of a university partnership or exchange program (e.g. ERASMUS). Additionally, this encompasses scholarship holders, who are supported by an institution such as the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Fulbright Commission, KAAD, or another scholarship organization. Students who come to Goethe University for a limited period of time - usually one or two semesters - as non-degree-seeking students.
The Global Office can help you with preparations for your study period at Goethe University in Frankfurt and will assist you during your stay in Frankfurt.
In case of questions and changes concerning your mobility to Goethe University contact us at incoming(at) uni-frankfurt.de or make an appointment for our online consultation hours, which are being offered online on Tuesdays 10:00 - 12:00 and Wednesdays 14:00 - 16:00.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to sick leave of a colleague you may experience delayed response to your mails and limited availability by phone (+49-(0)69-798-17191) until at least Mid May 2022.
Information for degree-seeking international applicants and students can be found here.
U P D A T E:
SUMMER SEMESTER 2022:
- The lecture period starts on April 11 and ends on July 15, 2022.
- Goethe University will offer in person, face-to-face classroom teaching for the majority of classes in the summer semester 2022. Depending on the development of the pandemic situation this is subject to change. Please refer to the official information of Goethe University on the strict 3G-Covid-rules that are in place and binding for all students and staff. Since October 18, 2021, it is access only for students as well as for persons who have an appropriate Goethe University access authorization will only be possible if they have been vaccinated (EU-standard), tested (same day anti-gene test) or have recovered. There will be access controls to the buildings (legitimation by Goethe-Card or access authorization) as well as spot checks of the negative proof.
All information on studying at Goethe can be found here. This also includes info on COVID rules and COVID testing.
- Goethe University offers vaccinations for citizens. More information here.
- If you are entering Germany from a COVID-19 risk area: Please be aware that you are not allowed to enter Goethe University within the first 5 days after arrival. For more information please refer to our crisis info page and the links there.
- Pick-up your Goethe Card in person at the Global Office (Tue 14:00 - 15:00 and Thu 10:00 - 12:00) only after online-booking an appointment for the Goethe Card pick-up
- In case of questions and changes concerning your mobility to Goethe University please contact us at incoming(at)uni-frankfurt.de.
- Deferrals into the winter semester 2022/23 are possible, in case that is an option. Students would have to be nominated for the new mobility period by their home institution coordinators, so we are all sure that all parties know about the deferral.
- GU will not accept any freemover students at BA or MA-level (first or second cycle) in the academic year 2021/22. We will only accept third cycle = doctoral candidates = Ph.D. students as freemover students.
Regulations on mobility within the EU applying to students of non-EU nationality (third-country nationals) coming to the EU for the purpose of studying have been eased, but this only applies if the host university offers this service. It is not an automatism or a visa-waiver. GOETHE UNIVERSITY DOES NOT OFFER THIS SERVICE CURRENTLY. SO IF YOU ARE A NON-EU NATIONAL YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA FOR GERMANY.
Further information can be found in our brochure Guide for Visiting Students.
Information on the nomination/application procedure can be found in the key data sheet (see downloads right-hand side).
Information for degree-seeking international applicants can be found here instead.