FAQ - Questions on Minor Subjects (for BA Students only)

Which minor subjects can I choose alongside Political Science or Sociology as my main subject?

You can choose any bachelor's minor subject with 60 CP as your minor subject.

At the present time, you can study any of the following subjects as a bachelor's minor subject.

Some minor subjects have restricted admission or require an admission test. If you are interested in one of the subjects listed, please check the homepage of the respective faculty for more information.

Can I change my minor subject?

You can change your minor subject twice. When choosing a new minor subject, it is advisable to note the minimum duration of study for the respective subject. Applications for changing the minor subject must be submitted to the Student Registration Office.

Image credits: Uwe Dettmar, Goethe-University Frankfurt


Dipl.-Soz. Alexander Simon

Student counselling for B.A. programs in Political Science and Sociology / Student counselling for M.A. programs / M.A. admission / B.A./M.A. internship counselling 

Telephone: +49 069/798-36596


PEG Room 2.G 133

Open consultation hours:

Tuesday 11a.m - 1p.m.

Thursday 11a.m. - 1 p.m.

In lecture free time only on Tuesdays

Open telephone consultation hours:

Wednesday 11a.m - 1p.m.

or by individual arrangement

Department 03
Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 6
60323 Frankfurt am Main