​For MA Students

Master Thesis

Who Can Supervise My Master Thesis?

Any member of the teaching staff involved in the STS MA program who has at least a master's degree can act as supervisor of your MA thesis ("Erstgutachter"). If your supervisor has a master's degree, the second examiner ("Zweitgutachter") must be a full professor.

Please search actively early on for a potential supervisor of your thesis to make sure that your project is accepted ‐ we recommend to approach potential supervisors latest at the beginning of your third semester. Note that not every member of the teaching staff is an expert for your subject. 

For information on particular research interests and expertise of the teaching staff please consult the LASST Website (Lab for Studies in Science and Technology).