The Bachelor's program in Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology offers several semesters of practice-based undergraduate apprenticeship projects. Under the supervision of a supervisor, students conduct their individual field research working in a team,. In addressing current research problems, they learn both the methods and theoretical perspectives of the discipline.Ongoing teaching research projects
- Knowledge | City. The Co-Construction of Urban Epistemologies. Duration: April 2023 - July 2024. Supervisor: Timotheus Kartmann.
Completed teaching research projects
- City | Water. Everyday life, infrastructure, climate change. Duration: April 2022-Juli 2023. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Gisela Welz.
- Participate! Practices of participation in, through, and beyond digital practices. Duration: April 2021-July 2022. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Martina Klausner
- Digital Living. Duration: April 2020-July 2021. Supervisor: Dr. Petra Ilyes
- "I See City as You Don't See". Urban experience and urban anthropology from a limited perspective. Duration: April 2020-July 2021. Supervisor: Dr. Kirsten Salein.
- (Un)Making Heritage: cultures of memory, monument conservation, tourism. Duration: April 2019-July 2020. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Gisela Welz.
- Urban Explorations. A critical perspective on the city. Duration: April 2018-July 2019. Supervisor: Dr. Kathrin Eitel,
A list of all undergraduate apprenticeship projects conducted at the institute can be found on the website of the publication series of the Institute for Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology Kulturanthropologie Notizen.