Exchange program with Brazil
Universidade Federal da Bahia in Salvador da Bahia
The Universidade Federal da Bahia is a public university located mainly in the city of Salvador. It was founded in 1946 and is the largest university of the state of Bahia and the fifth biggest in Brazil with currently 40.000 students and 2.300 teaching staff. Salvador da Bahia is the fourth largest city of Brazil (2.9 mio.) and is the capital of the state of Bahia. It is situated on the East coast of Brazil.
Up to 5 students from Goethe University will have the opportunity to study at the Universidade Federal da Bahia during the fall term (Aug-Dec) and/or spring term (March-July).
Benefits of the program:
Exchange students nominated by Frankfurt University will be exempted from paying tuition fees at the partner institution. All other expenses (e.g. health insurance, travel costs, housing etc.) will have to be paid by the students. Financial support (website in German only) may be available for the study abroad period – please check carefully whether you are eligible to apply.
Course selection at host institution:
Exchange students may choose from the general course catalog (except medicine). All classes are taught in Portuguese.
- Regular enrollment at Goethe University
- All majors may apply (if available at Universidade Federal da Bahia, exept medicine)
- Applicants must at least be in their 2nd semester (BA), MA students may apply during their 1st semester
- Good academic standing
- Good language proficiency (Portuguese, min. B1); proven by language certificate or successful completion of B1 language course
- It is expected of exchange students to return to Goethe-University after their study abroad period and continue and finish their studies here.
Before compiling all application documents, please read the application manual carefully. If you need assistance please see us during office hours.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019
|approx. 2-3 weeks after deadline (as soon as date is known, it will be published here)
there might be a preselection based on written application so that not all applicants will be invited