Applications - Master
|Syllabus and areas of specialization||
Content-wise, this MSc features broad and more in-depth study of psychological methods and diagnostics and offers students the possibility to choose up to two areas of specialization from amongst four research-based or application-oriented study foci (either a major or a major and a minor or two minor study foci).
The four study foci are:
1. Cognitive Science and Neuroscience
2. Clinical Psychology
3. Occupational and Organizational Psychology
4. Educational Psychology (Lifelong Learning and Development)
The programme’s objective is to teach students specialist know-how and expertise during the course of their MSc studies which will enable them to start a professional career as Master of Science in Psychology. Employment opportunities can be found in psychological diagnostics, counselling, training, and psychotherapy in various practical areas (e.g. business, education, administration, social and health services), implementation and evaluation of psychology-based interventions in various areas, including planning and conducting scientific studies.
|Detailed description||The Faculty Rules Amendments to the Rules|
|Degree||Master of Science in Psychology|
|Standard period of study||The standard period of study required to complete the Masters degree is 4 semesters.|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Programme start||The programme commences in the winter semester.|
|Academic Advisor||Stephan Braun
2. Proof of five years’ English language instruction at school, or
3. Certificates from successfully completed language courses at German and/or foreign universities with proof of at least 120 hours of instruction, or
4. A special report or foreign language assistant exam in English obtained during a period spent abroad, university language courses or private study, or
5. Other language certificates recognized as equivalent by the Examination Board.
|Provisional admission||A Transcript of Records is required for provisional admission. At least 80 % (this equates as a rule to 144 CPs) of the ECTS CPs required for the Bachelor degree must have been earned.|
|Admission procedure||Admission to the programme is restricted.
|Application period||01.06. - 15.07.|
|Address for applications||Online applications portal for Masters programmes|