Department for external funding (faculty 01-15)
With an increasing amount of external funds at Goethe-University, the administrative processing of the external funds is increasingly important.
The department of external funding (faculty 1-15) manages every monetary funding from third parties. This includes especially funding provided by the DFG, BMBF, EU-promotions, industrial companies and corporations and contract research, donations and scholarships. Moreover it includes the support of clusters of excellence, endowed professorships, special research fields, graduate schools and the Bund-Länder-programme.
The department for external funding (01-15) is responsible for:
- Check for completeness of the grant documents (contract, notice of external funding), involving other departments in the grant of costs for personnel or travel expenses.
- Setup of project accounts, coordination with the department for finance and taxes as soon as a project is granted
- Administration of the contract details, external funded projects
- Review of requests for funds and coordination with the external funder
- Monitoring of receipts of money
- Supporting the funding recipient with the preparation of usage lists
- Reviewing mid-term and end-term usage lists
- Administration/Distribution of Overheads (EU, economic projects, fixed rates of DFG and BMBF)
- Regular monitoring of the account balances
- Preparation of reports for annual and quarter-ends accounts
- Digitalization of documents/Recordsmanagement