You are well versed in your academic discipline and particularly interested in research?
You hold or are on track for an excellent or above-average Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany?
- You are looking for an interesting Master's programme and are considering a PhD in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master's programme?
Then you should apply for Goethe Goes Global Master's scholarships, funded by the Johanna-Quandt-Foundation Frankfurt!
What we offer
What we offer
Goethe University will provide you, as a scholarship holder, with:
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university's most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master's thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master's student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) we will be offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. If your primary motivation is research, come and join our highly international research community!
We are seeking outstanding candidates who are interested in joining one of our MA or MSc programmes, which are deeply embedded in our strongest research units (Centers of Excellence, collaborative research centers, and LOEWE CENTERS). Please visit our website for more information on the various Master's degree programmes (content, requirements, language of instruction etc.) supported by Goethe Goes Global
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
Innovation takes place beyond the boundaries of disciplines and cultures, therefore internationalisation lies at the core of Goethe University’s efforts in research and teaching. We believe this is the right response to global challenges.
The German business newspaper Handelsblatt dubbed Goethe University the ‘magnet on the Main’ back in 2010, because of its strong appeal to academics from outside Germany. Increasingly, international researchers are being drawn to Frankfurt as a result of its growing academic reputation and its national and international research centres. Among the most important research areas are Oncology, Neurosciences, Macromolecular Complexes, Cardiovascular Research, Cell and Gene Therapy, Biodiversity and Climate Research, (Heavy Ion) Physics, (Sustainable Architecture for) Finance and, in the Social Sciences, the Formation of Normative Orders.
Today, Goethe University ranks among the top ten in external funding and among the top three largest universities in Germany, with three clusters of excellence in medicine, life sciences and the humanities.