Welcome to the International Office website!
- To Goethe University
- Going Abroad
- Anerkennung von im Ausland erbrachten Leistungen
- Auf eigene Faust (Freemover)
- Austauschprogramme der Fachbereiche
- DAAD, Fulbright, weitere Finanzierungsmöglichkeiten
- Häufig benötigte Dokumente
- Informationen für ausgewählte TeilnehmerInnen
- Neues & Aktuelles
- ERASMUS Plus
- Partner institutions
- Goethe Welcome Centre
ERASMUS is the European Commission's exchange program that enables students in 33 European countries to study, work or teach for part of their degree in another country. ERASMUS is a great opportunity to study in another European country between 3 and 12 months, and have it count towards your degree.
Goethe University Frankfurt has ERASMUS exchange agreements with over 270 universities across Europe. The ERASMUS program is open to undergraduates and postgraduates. If you're interested in studying somewhere else in Europe you will first need to check which institutions your department has cooperations with. ERASMUS is open to the majority of disciplines, but opportunities will depend on the agreements your department has made and what degree program you are on.
What does ERASMUS offer?
- Tuition fee waiver at the host institution
- A mobility grant, monthly sum varies depending on host country (students with special needs may apply for a specific grant after they have been selected)
- Transfer of credits earned at the host institution as approved by the student, the home and the host institution prior to departure towards degree at home institution (“learning agreement”)
Who is eligible to apply?
- Full-time regular students of Goethe University Frankfurt
- Students must have successfully completed their first year of studies at GU when study abroad period begins
- Students with good academic standing and proficiency of language of instruction at host university
- Students may participate once in the ERASMUS program during each study cycle for 12 months maximum (i.e. once during BA and once during MA and once during doctoral studies at GU), 36 months in total.
Application deadline is 1st of February for a study abroad period during the following academic year (fall and/or spring term). Applications are to be handed in at the home department. Please talk to the departmental coordinator or check their website for details about further application documents.
The application form will be made available in Mid-November, approx. 2,5 months before the application deadline.
For further questions please come to see the Study Abroad Team during regular office hours or the departmental coordinator.
Find a list of all participating institutions and the coordinators at the department here.