Martina Di Lorenzo, 2015
- Member of the Advisory Board, Project Job-oriented Continuing Education in Germany (2012-2015). Funding agency: Hans Boeckler Foundation
- Member of the Editorial Board, Versita Publisher
- Director of the Institute of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Goethe University Franfurt
- Member of the Advisory Board of the TUM-IAS, Institute for Advanced Study, TUM Technical University Munich
- Member of the board of trustees of berufundfamilie gGmbH, Gemeinnützige Hertie-Stiftung, Frankfurt a.M. (since 2011)
- Member of the Universitätsrat der Otto-Friedrichs-University Bamberg (seit 2011)
- Focus group for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2011)
- Steering Committee Member and Treasurer, German University Association of Advanced Graduate Training (GUAT) (2009-2012)
- Advisor, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (since 2009)
- Vice-Rector of RWTH Aachen University (Germany), Human Resources Management and Development
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board for the Journal of Family Research (Zeitschrift für Familienforschung) (2010-2015)
- Reviewer: Social Forces, European Sociological Review, Social Psychology Quarterly, Work and Occupations, Social Science Research, Zeitschrift für Familienforschung, Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung, Sociological Focus, City & Community, International Sociology, Time & Society and others
- Nominated for „Famos für Familie“ award, family-friendliest boss at RWTH Aachen Uiversity: 2008, 2009
- „GLOBALIFE“-Projec. Nominated as one of the eight finalists for the Descartes prize for excellence in transnational, collaborative research within the European Union (March 2007)
- Nominated as a finalist for the RWTH Aachen University Excellent Teaching Award, Summer Semester 2007.
- Award for Excellence in Teaching. Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg, in Semesters 2003, 2003/2004, 2004 and 2004/2005.
- Award for Best Graduate Student Paper at Sloan Foundation Academic Conference (February 2002) San Francisco, CA, USA.
Scholarships and Fellowships
- Sage Graduate Fellowship for Dissertation Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA. 2000–2001. Stipendium.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Predoctoral Fellow, 1997–2001. Stipendium.
- Cornell Careers Institute Summer Fellow, 1997–2001. Stipendium.
- Sage Graduate Fellowship, 1995–1996. Stipendium.
- National Science Foundation Fellowship (USA) Honorable Mention, 1995.
- Hall Family Foundation Scholarship, 1991–1995. Studienstipendium.
- National Merit Scholarship, 1991–1995. Studienstipendium.