Documents supporting your application

How to complete your Application for Admission

Kindly tick or answer all questions in the Application Form for Admission to Studies and attach the following documents:

  • Secondary school leaving certificate (from home country)
  • Entrance test to University (if any)
  • University Degree, official Academic Records or Transcripts (if you have already studied/completed studies)
  • Bachelors Degree / Masters Degree/ Diploma (if any)
  • All documents other than in English or German must be translated by an authorized translator with a seal affixed stating the translation is a true copy of the original.

Please always submit certified copies of your original certificates and of the translations. Never send originals!

Public authorities holding a seal are entitled to issue certified copies, in Germany for example public authorities, notaries, municipal authorities (Ortsgericht) or the resident registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt). Health insurance agencies or associations (Vereine), however, are not entitled to issue certified copies.

In foreign countries certified copies may be obtained from German official representatives (Embassy/Consulate), notaries or, in some cases, also by universities.

The following requirements are necessary for a copy to be recognized as certified true copy, e.g. that the copy corresponds to the original (see sample below):

  1. Endorsement that the copy is identical with the original (Beglaubigungsvermerk)
  2. Signature of the certifier
  3. Official seal stamped on the copy